Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lunch: (late post!) Potato/pasta salad. Yes I made it with bananas!

Shirt: Will Travel For Vegan Food

Okay so I experimented. I wanted potato salad. I wanted sweet potato salad. No sweet potato. So-- I boiled about 5 small red potatoes. I added about 1/2 cup rice pasta. Then came the weird part. I mashed two bananas, one avocado and about 1/2 cup of veganaise together, and then added 1/2 small red onion, 3 tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot sauce. Added 1/2 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper. Then I added all those potatoes and pasta. Then I tasted...

It is incredible for something thrown together. I admit there needs to be less veganaise, it came out a little mushy. And I overcooked the potatoes so they lost their crunch- very important for a good potato salad. I never, ever would have though bananas would taste incredible in a potato salad... but it did. Make this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment