Sunday, June 22, 2014

Lunch: Vegan-gluten free sliders!

Shirt: Hawaiian shirt!

I have to admit I'm getting lazy in the kitchen. Maybe it's all the stuff on my mind, but my culinary creativity has taken a back seat. Today though, it became a backseat driver and steering me into this great lunch idea.

The sliders started life as one Amy's gluten free vegan Sonoma burger. I did a ying-yang slice to it:




After "bunning" them on two Ener~G Ciabatta rolls, I added the strawberries to round out both the flavor and space. The "secret sauce" was 1/4 avocado, 2 tablespoons of grape seed Veganaise, and 1/4 teaspoon of Frank's Hot Sauce. Add spinach, sprinkle with Hawaiian black salt and the sandwiches are done.

In the middle one whole box of frozen Amy's vegan gluten free mac and cheez sprinkled with paprika.

The whole plate should serve two- although I wanted to see if I could eat the whole thing and I did. I figured out roughly the whole plate was about 800 calories, if someone in counting. Considering one Big Mac is 550, this meal shared with your favorite lovely, is only 400 calories. Add one of my nut butter/pumpkin fudge bars at 65 calories, you and your special someone can have a healthy filling, tasty lunch!

The drink is my favorite to have with lunch- a mix of 1/2 coconut water and 1/2 freshly squeezed grapefruit/orange juice.

The shirt is one of my favorite Hawaiian shirts from my vast collection of Island wear. The palm trees are more subtle than the wild colorful trees on the usual tops of this nature.

Have a fun filled day!


Post a Comment