Tuesday, May 6, 2014



Pancake guy!


Lunch: Cannibalism! Ha Ha! From vegan to eating this little guy! 

Shirt: Stuckeybowl- something from the ED TV show. It’s got the NBC logo on the front pocket, so I’m assuming this is some kind of promo/employee shirt.  I bought it on my bowling shirt buying bonanza 2013. 

First easy-peasy pancake recipe: 

¾ cup Bob’s gluten free pancake mix.
1 cup hemp milk
½ tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup canned organic pumpkin

Makes about 5 fairly good sized pancakes.  I like adding the pumpkin pie spice; it makes the pumpkin egg substitute really pop. And yes, this is the Bob’s recipe on the mix just modified.  I like to give credit where credit is due. I CAN make my own mix, but Bob’s is soooo much easier.  If I’m in the mood, I add about ½ teaspoon of Vega protein smoothie mix, it mixes with the pumpkin and really, really makes a tasty flapjack. 

The chocolate “hair” is my go to chco-avocado mousse. 

1 RIPE avocado,  
¼ cup carob powder
¼ cup raw organic blue agave
¼ cup unsweetened non- dairy “milk”- I used hemp. It’s my new favorite- much creamier than almond or any other.  
1 teaspoon vanilla extract. I use organic—TWO ingredients. No corn syrup! 

It’s important that you use a ripe avocado, nice and mushy. Also  unsweetened milk, if not the mousse will be too sweet!  Just put in everything in a food processor and whip away until smooth. 

I mixed some whipped cream into the pancake guy’s “hair” to make it lighter…. Sort of streaks of gray! Ha ha! The whipped cream is easy-

1 can Thai Kitchen unsweetened coconut milk---refrigerated overnight.
3 tablespoons raw coconut sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract. 

Combine in a mixing bowl all the ingredients, but scoop all the milk at the top of the can. Be careful and don’t get too much of the coconut water at that has settled to the bottom of the can. Too much water will make the cream too watery to enjoy. Then enjoy whipping it good. (Devo reference there) I use unsweetened coconut milk. It’s better to add sugar than have it too sweet. AND! I’ve used all sorts of brands of coconut milk and find Thai Kitchen to be the best. It really separates well overnight in the cold- Goya is cheaper but doesn’t separate. 

I had fun building this little dude. It would be fun to do this with kids…. The only things really non-breakfast-y is the pepper handlebar moustache and the tofu whites for the eyes. I enjoyed eating the fruit scraps- the strawberry, the rest of the banana.….and the pineapple slice. 

The little pancake guy needs a name- ???????




Post a Comment