Friday, May 9, 2014






Lunch: Kale/spinach/chard salad with HOMEMADE dressing. Recipe below.

Shirt: Pelicano Watersports

First! I was inspired to come up with a creamy alternative to a calorie/fat laden ranch dressing. Here's the skinny:

3/4 cup homemade raw nut butter (see #1 below)
3/4 cup organic canned coconut milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice (see #2 below)
1 tablespoon organic dark maple syrup
1 clove garlic, well chopped
1/2 tablespoon fresh basil
1 tablespoon organic raw tahinni

Put all in food processor and blend until smooth.

#1) My homemade nut butter is 1 cup cashews, 1 cup almonds, 1/2 cup walnuts. Blend in food processor until it turns into a butter.

#2) My go to lemon juice is something I keep on hand all the time (just like the nut butter) is a ratio of 3-1 freshly squeezed lemons and limes. I LOVE this drink. I drink at least three cups of lemon water using this as a base.

So the rest of the salad was the green mix, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, chopped radishes and chickpeas. The dressing really was creamy, had some tang and GREAT!

I have never been to a Pelicano Watersport event in the Dominican Republic, let alone worked there as a staff member. I found the shirt at Goodwill and thought it was cool.

Have a good Friday!



Post a Comment