Tuesday, April 29, 2014







Lunch: Tofu/tempah scramble with mini French Toast.

Shirt: The Mighty Boosh!


I wanted something different today, so I got out my thinking cap. I wanted French Toast, but also a tofu scramble. Soo---

First the scramble:
Three small red potatoes diced fairly small.
3/4 cup extra firm tofu
1/3 cup tempah
1/2 cup pineapples, diced small
1/2 cup mango diced small
1 medium red pepper diced small

Throw everything into a bowl with 1/2 cup nutritional yeast and 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Braggs liquid amino and 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt. Mix is all good. I sauteed mine about 5 minutes, or until teh potatoes were soft.

The amino darkened the mixture while it cooked. The fruit in the mix really made everything pop.

French Toast:

1 Schar's Ciabatta roll, prepared as per directions, bake three minutes per side @ 400 degrees.
1/3 rice flour and 1/3 cup almond milk (I used Pacific brand)
2 tablespoons organic coconut sugar

I cut off the ends of the roll, and then the remainder into two thick slices. Let each soak in the mixture for about 5 minutes, turning after 2 1/2 minutes. I cooked them in an open skillet in some coconut oil until brown. Here's what they looked like before the toppings:


I topped the French Toast with some whipped coconut cream and some blueberries and strawberries.

The whole meal came out fantastic! The scramble really popped with the addition of the fruit. The toast was crispy on the outside and just right and fluffy on the inside.

All in all- I can envision this meal being served at a vegan breakfast diner... now all I need is some investors. HA!


I love The Mighty Boosh- something the people from the UK can appreciate, but relatively unknown here in the States. I saw something about them a few years ago, and bought the boxed sets with all the extras. I know Neal is doing some f the characters on his show- like The Hitcher, but I'd like to see a reunion! I'd take a holiday just to see those guys perform!


Post a Comment