Friday, April 25, 2014



Lunch: Picnic! Amy's Sonoma gluten free vegan burger with Follow Your Heart cheese, MELTED! All on a Ener~G bagel subbing as a bun. Potato/roasted chickpea salad! Recipe below.

Shirt: Toothpastefordinner

Today was an excellent weather day here in the Northeastern United States. So I wanted to do a picnic themed lunch. So many newly minted vegans feel a little cheated the first year or so of their meal choice because of all the hoopla over picnics. I'm a gluten free vegan, and while have never felt this way, I can certainly sympathize So here is a great meal plan, and a potato salad to bring to your next picnic and make the carnivore's mouths water!

I roasted 1 can 16 oz. of chickpeas drained @ 400 for 35 minutes. Just enough to get them crispy. Extra virgin olive oil was involved, I soaked the little buggers good. Add salt and pepper to taste and I added a little liquid smoke and a generous dose of cayenne pepper. Dice about 8 smaller red potatoes and leave the skins on. Boil them for about 7 minutes. In a large bowl, put two RIPE avocados and 1/3 cup of grape seed oil Veganaise. Mash those two together add the potatoes and chickpeas. For a garnish, I roasted one yellow pepper in olive oil too. Makes a nice garnish and completes the flavor of the potato salad. Watch out! The chickpeas are HOT! But when added to the potato/avocado/Veganaise mixture they tone down the heat. Yummy, yummy, yummy for a picnic! I even kept the outdoorsy theme going by taking the pic of lunch on the hood of my car.

And a word of warning, the avocados must be ripe to get that mushy texture to blend with the Veganaise.


I LOVE Toothpaste for dinner. Drew is a riot, as is his better half Natalie Dee. I own a few of their shirts.

Happy Eating!

Post a Comment