Monday, March 24, 2014

Art Can Sell 2.0 if you will.

I have reinvented myself in the past year. Due to a debilitating knee injury I have cut out meat (last May {2013}) Gluten (July) and dairy (late Sept.) Over the course of the two and a half years since the injury, I have read about how to change for the better, using diet as the biggest weapon.

You know what? It works. I haven't been able to exercise the way I would like to, but still dropped almost 70 pounds.... 70 POUNDS without really trying.

I've come to a new understanding of health, diet and fitness which I will share here on my newly rebooted blog. My sense of humor is the same, that will never change, I aim to be the Goofy Gus I have always been. But now I can do so healthfully.

The first item on the agenda is cooking. I LOVE to cook now. I will share recipes, talk endlessly about what works in diet, sharing my 2 1/2 years of research. I am trying to write a vegan gluten free breakfast cookbook, using my own dishes I invented. Fisrt up is:

Vegan gluten free sausages:

1 can chickpeas
1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/4 cup rice flour
1/2 tablespoon Frank's hot Sauce
 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds 3/4 cup veggie broth

I mashed everything together and formed the mix into 3" balls. I used coconut oil in a frying pan, and added the "balls" and smushed them into patties in the pan. They tasted great, but had more of a texture (due to the oil) as hash browns. But they tasted like sausage. I was going to use diced tomatoes and coconut sugar, but that's an experiment for another day.

I started tweeting my lunches daily, and as long as they hold out, I am wearing a different shirt everyday. I think I have 70 shirts, so I won't repeat for awhile. And if anyone wants to sent me one... I'll gladly wear it in my daily quest to show the world what vegans eat and that it doesn't all look like salad. 

Thanks for reading. And I will touch on other things... and drone on and on about my love for Mercedes-Benz and Corvette cars, and new music I've discovered.

Comments are always welcome: artkincell@gmail.com

~~~ Frank~~~ 



Post a Comment