Sunday, May 11, 2008

What would you do-- or the real me!

You’re suddenly wealthy beyond your wildest dreams. Well maybe not, but let’s pretend. In other words- money is not a worry for you anymore, and you can do whatever you want to do for the rest of your life.

A lot of people give vague answers when asked what they would do if they were rich.
Most people would like to travel. To where? Have many people REALLY given thought to who they are and what they would do if wealthy?

So- I sat down and really thought about who I am and here is what I came up with:

My greatest joy in life is to make people smile, laugh and think. So I would continue to write a blog- or something to entice a chuckle, a chortle, an insightful thought or something. If I didn’t have to work, I could write more, and if a day came I didn’t feel like sitting down and writing- I’d write; “Nothing to say today.”

I don’t have time to ride everyday, so I’d ride my bike more.

Yes I’d travel. I have always wanted to check out the United Kingdom, so I’d get my International Driver’s license, fly over there, buy a car and drive around for three or so years. Explore every nook and cranny. But then again I’d like to explore the nooks and crannies of this country, so maybe I’d be over there for two years and drive around over here for two years. Take pictures. Lots! I’d also like to see the Great Wall of China before I die. I like India too… so much to see.

I’d give more gifts. I LOVE giving gifts to people… it’s my second joy in life behind making people smile. Some people think it’s a little strange that I give gifts to strangers, but I like doing it. So if I was wealthy, I’d gift many, many people. I’d cruise Amazon.com’s wish lists and gift people their whole list!

When not traveling, gifting, writing, I’d spend whole days in NYC doing nothing and feeling guilty about it.

I love mash-up songs. That’s where they piece together a song from many others. Maybe I’d do a few of those. Heck, I just LOVE creating things, so that’s what I’d do when not traveling, gifting, reading, lounging in New York, or napping.

The only thing I haven’t figured out is where I’d live. I love the beach, but I love New York City too. A few years ago I spent a week in Chicago and LOVED that city too. So maybe I’d have residences in many cities.

So- that’s me and what I’d like to do with my life.
Post a Comment