Sunday, March 30, 2008

"More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones."

This morning I watched the movie “Capote’ again. I got to thinking afterwards that we are being robbed of some culture by this villain called The Internet.

I think people socialized in person more back then. I think that artists hung around more with other artists. I think the internet isolates some of us while we are working writing, we might miss out on a chance to help out fellow artists, and possibly mentor another Capote. Remember, Capote’s genius was self taught, he vowed he would never set foot into a classroom as a student, yet his writings were brilliant. Breakfast At Tiffany’s anyone?

Anyway- rant over. The internet is great for instant gratification, but I would love to be in a room full of great and even not so great writers to feed off their energy and.. well.. egos.



Oh- and the headline quote is Capote's.

Post a Comment