Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What to do while driving... or... Hugh lights up my life


I drive a lot. So I listen to a lot of music on the radio, and even though I find most ‘popular’ stations like a toothache, that is playing the same inane fluff all the time until my head throbs, yet I still listen.

So a few years ago I made up a little game. I replace the word ‘you’ in songs with the name Hugh. Doing this gives a few songs a whole new meaning, let alone the sexuality of Chad Kroger of the group Nickleback. I was tuned to an oldies station and they played the George Harrison’s from the 70s, “You.”

The lyrics to this song are simply:

“I love you.”

He sings that over and over again. I played my little game with that song and I almost had to pull over from laughing so hard, especially when he sings:

“I love. I love. I love, I love, I loooovveee Hugh. Hugh. Hugh. Oh Hugh!

(Apologies to Debbie Boone for this title)

Post a Comment