Thursday, January 10, 2008

Good-bye crab lice


This past weekend I read that the crab louse is endangered. And I should be concerned, why? This little mite has been a nuisance for centuries and someone is boo-hooing that it might be wiped out forever. The reason for its demise is that people are keeping their downstairs regions clean and more and more people than ever are trimming their south pole’s foliage.

I say good riddance! Is someone going to be sad when cancer is wiped out? I realize that Earth has a precious eco-balance and every living thing has a job, but other than causing pain, discomfort and embarrassment to its hosts, I don’t see a job assigned to crab lice. So bye-bye baby!

I have a question. If the plural of mouse is mice, louse is lice, then why isn’t the plural of house hice? I wanna know.

Post a Comment